1. Jamil Ahmad: The Wandering Falcon (Hamish Hamilton/Penguin India)
2. Tahmima Anam: The Good Muslim (Penguin Books)
3. Amitav Ghosh: River of Smoke (Hamish Hamilton/Penguin India)
4. Mohammed Hanif: Our Lady of Alice Bhatti (Random House India)
5. Uday Prakash: The Walls of Delhi (Translated by Jason Grunebaum; UWA Publishing, W. Australia)
6. Jeet Thayil: Narcopolis (Faber and Faber, London)
Well, heck -- only two I haven't read! I will say this: I loved The Wandering Falcon, River of Smoke and Narcopolis absolutely and unconditionally. I wasn't particularly in love with The Good Muslim, mainly because I hate the title but also because it's a rather one-sided tale, if you ask me. Anyway, good luck to everyone.
Post a Comment
Say what you will, but at least try to be nice about it.